The September 2012 Chapter Meeting will be held on Thursday, September 20, 2012. Diane White, a Member of the Global PMI Board of Directors, will be speaking to us about global trends in project management and current initiatives at the Project Management Institute.
About Diane White
Diane L White, PMP, has 25 years of project and program management experience in information technology and telecommunications at Verizon Communications. She is
currently a program manager with responsibility for strategy and program management.
Ms. White has been an active Project Management Institute (PMI) volunteer leader since 2000, when she started on the board of the PMI Tampa Bay chapter in Tampa, Florida, USA,
serving two years as chapter president in 2007 and 2008.
During her terms as president, Ms. White led the chapter in the pilot program of the performance management framework strategic planning effort and was a general session panelist on
strategic planning at the 2008 PMI Leadership Institute Meeting in Denver, Colorado, USA. In addition, Ms. White was the North America Congress Project Action Team for the 2009 PMI
Global Congress and is a graduate of the PMI 2011 Leadership Institute Master Class. Currently, Ms. White is on the PMI Board of Directors, having been elected in 2011 for a three-
Her other activities include:
- Project management instructor for the University of South Florida’s certificate in project management program
- Active participant and speaker at chapter, regional and national PMI leadership conferences
- Volunteer project leader for the HandsOn Network, leading over 40 projects representing 1,600 volunteer hours
Ms. White’s education and certifications include:
- Masters Certificate in Information Technology Project Management, The George Washington University School of Business
- Bachelor and Master of Arts degrees, University of South Florida
- PMP Certification since 2000 (#21802)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
Event Presentation Slides at Slideshare